There is something about gift giving that can be really fun for the one giving the gift if the right amount of thought is put in to the present. With Mother’s Day fast approaching, I thought that it would be a great opportunity to compile a list of gift ideas for the Fit Mom in your life (or, the wannabe Fit Mom!). Here is a list of non-generic fitness related gifts that you can give the #1 Mom in your life! It’s all about thinking beyond flowers and brunch!
1. A custom fitted jump rope from Rx Jump Ropes. Jumping rope is a great way to integrate some cardio interval training along side strength training. But it’s all about the right sized jump rope! Rx Jump Ropes can fit your favorite Mom Athlete with the proper sized rope for all of her jumping needs. Whether it just be single turns for extended amounts of time, or banging out double-unders unbroken, the proper sized jump rope is crucial. Check out the video found here on how to figure out the proper rope length, and then pick out the range of colored handles and cables to put the finishing touches on this custom gift. Prices range from $34.95 to $39.95, and use the coupon code “WODTALK” for 10% off your total order!
2. Minimus Training and Running shoes are the way to go when working out. A minimus shoe provides optimal ankle stabilization over a maximum cushion training or running shoe. New Balance offers an exceptional range of Minimus footwear, for both Cross-Training and Running. Prices range from $84.99 to $109.99 at NewBalance.com, or check out Amazon.com!
3. Every woman loves to look good while breaking a sweat. And let’s be honest, most of the time Moms are piggy backing errands before or after workouts to save time. So why not have your favorite Mom workout stylishly? Lululemon Atheletica is the mecca for the very best workout clothing. Not only are their fabrics, with Luon technology, the toughest around to handle extreme wear and tear… Lululemon also know how to make workout clothing to flatter every body type under the sun. It’s beauty and function, all in one. My favorite pieces are the Wunder Under Crop Pant and the Power Y Tank. I can run, olympic lift, or do yoga in these clothes and still look presentable to pickup kids at school or shop at the grocery store after. Not sure what to pick for your favorite Mom? You can never go wrong with a Gift Certificate to let her shop and find her favorite items.
4. Does the Mom in your life want to try something new? Why not purchase a gift certificate to a one-month unlimited class for Yoga, Pure Barre, Boot Camp, or CrossFit! Sometimes getting out of one’s comfort zone and experiencing a new way to exercise is just the right way to increase happiness in life. Not sure you want to invest in a one-month option? Most places also have a 10-pack class pass for more casual attendance.
5. How about a Deep Tissue Massage at Burke Williams Spa for the sporty Mom in your life? If her lifestyle involves lots of fitness related activities, or if she’s deeply stressed from the rigors or life, this massage was designed to really loosen her up. This targeted massage focuses on specific areas for deeper relief using slow stroke techniques. The Deep Tissue massage will leave her feeling deeply appreciative of the talented hands of the Burke Williams therapist. What’s even better is that she can hang out in a comfy spa robe for the rest of the day and take advantage of the dry sauna, steam room, and jacuzzi tubs all while snacking on fresh fruit. Wanting to get her a little something more than a massage to pamper her for the day? Check out these treatment options, or contact your nearest location for Mother’s Day Spa Packages!
Still not sure what to get your favorite Mom? Leave a comment and let me know what her favorite hobbies are and I will be happy to come up with some additional ideas just for you!