Style Week Orange County was created to showcase emerging designers, notable style makers and fashion brands from Orange County. Some of the events will be held at The Irvine Spectrum, where Style Week was created, and there will be other events at Fashion Island in Newport Beach as well.
“We are excited about the return of Style Week Orange County and showcasing the season’s best fashions available at these two unique destinations,” said Warren Chaumont, Marketing Director for Fashion Island and Irvine Spectrum Center. “Involvement by style celebrities such as Jillian Barberie Reynolds and designer David Meister solidify Orange County’s trend-setting status.”
The celebration begins tonight with an awesome food-centered event at The Irvine Spectrum, and continues through Saturday night with fashion shows at both venues. Full schedule below:
- Wednesday, Sept. 5: Restaurant Rave at Irvine Spectrum Center – Celebrity chef and radio host Jamie Gwen will again host Restaurant Rave, showcasing the latest dining trends from top restaurants Paul Martin’s American Grill, CUCINA enoteca and others at Irvine Spectrum Center. Held in Giant Wheel Court at 7 p.m. guests will enjoy food sampling, cooking demonstrations and live entertainment.
- Thursday, Sept. 6: Fashion’s Night Out at Fashion Island – Jillian Barberie Reynolds, co-host of Good Day LA on FOX Channel 11, and top American designer David Meister will host the festivities at 5 pm in the Neiman Marcus – Bloomingdale’s Courtyard. A fall trend fashion presentation commentated by Style File host Barberie Reynolds will be followed by a dazzling runway show presented by renowned LA-based designer David Meister, featuring his fall collection of sophisticated modern day dresses, cocktail dresses and gowns. From 6 to 8 pm, visitors can stop by three FNO vignettes throughout Fashion Island to see Jillian’s Top Picks and receive trend and style advice. Dozens of Fashion Island stores will host in-store fashion and beauty events, giveaways, sweet treats, DJs and more from 5 to 9 pm.
- Friday, Sept. 7: Surf-Sport Runway Show at Irvine Spectrum Center – An evening saluting Orange County’s popular surf and action sports brands, with a runway show in Giant Wheel Court at 7 pm and numerous in-store events and promotions.
- Friday, Sept. 7: Retrospective Fashion Show and Riviera Magazine Anniversary Party at Fashion Island – Fashion Island will celebrate 45 years of fashion prominence in Southern California with a runway show highlighting looks from exclusive stores including C. Wonder, Joie, Ella Moss and more in the Neiman Marcus-Bloomingdale’s Courtyard at 7 pm. While seating is complimentary on a first-come first-served basis, RSVPs are required and will also admit guests into Riviera’s 11th Anniversary party. Guests must be 21 years of age and RSVPs will be accepted mid-August. For more information, please visit www.StyleWeekOC.com.
- Saturday, Sept. 8: Fashion Finale & FIDM Fundraiser at Fashion Island– A runway show featuring cocktail and special occasion apparel from top stores including Neiman Marcus, Rebecca Taylor, Vince and more will begin at 7 pm. This event will benefit Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising and their planned fashion museum housing couture collections. The evening will also include Cadillac Couture, with FIDM graduate designers competing for the most innovative eveningwear look that incorporates Cadillac car parts. Tickets for this event are $50 and guests must be 21 years of age. For tickets and more information, please visit www.FIDMmuseumshop.org.
- Saturday, Sept. 8: Spectrum Collection & Cadillac: Contemporary Design at Irvine Spectrum Center – Spectrum Collection is a 7 pm runway show spotlighting a variety of retailers at Irvine Spectrum Center, complete with a traditional bridal look for the finale from Demetrios Bride. Spectrum Collection will be preceded by Cadillac: Contemporary Design, with FIDM graduate designers competing with original looks using denim and Cadillac car parts.
In addition to the array of in-store events and promotions, shoppers who spend $250 from Sept. 5 – 8 at IrvineSpectrum Center, can present their specialty store receipts at Guest Services to receive a $50 Irvine Spectrum Center gift card, while supplies last. Shoppers who spend $500 at Fashion Island from Sept. 6 – 8 can present their specialty store receipts at Guest Services to receive a $100 gift card, while supplies last.