Here’s a quick, easy and healthy dessert recipe from my friend Jenn
Here’s what you need:
- 4 ripe mashed avocados
- 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Extra pinch of love
Optional: Before eating, try sprinkling and stirring in some unhulled hemp protein seeds for some extra protein and health benefits!
Here’s what you do:
In food processor or blender, combine all ingredients and blend or process until smooth. If you have trouble blending in your blender, you can add a little water or almond milk or try a hand mixer. Refrigerate, and enjoy!
Benefits of Raw Cacao (chocolate in it’s most natural form)
- Improve your mood and alleviate depression (Serotonin, dopamine and phenylethylamine, and anandamide)
- Improve digestion and keep your bowels moving (stimulates digestive enzymes and excellent source of dietary fiber)
- Lower blood pressure & improve circulation (Flavanols, theobromine, and other components found in cacao)
- Neutralize free radicals (High levels of antioxidants)
- Promote cardiovascular function & health (antioxidants and essential minerals and vitamins can support healthy heart, lower blood pressure, improve blood flow, lower LDL cholesterol, and reduce plaque buildup on artery walls.)
- High in magnesium, and iron (It’s estimated that 30-35% of Americans don’t meet their daily recommended iron intake and 57% don’t reach it for magnesium, so eat up!!)
My friend Jenn Parr teaches Laughing Yoga classes, provides support for moms on areas such as taking time for themselves, losing weight and feeling good, quick and healthy meals the family enjoys, and lots more.
She is also launching a new After-School program in San Clemente. The classes are absolutely invaluable and incorporate activities that foster self-confidence, self love, and positive self -esteem. Children will be free to explore their unique talents, interests and abilities while learning valuable tools that can be used throughout their lives, to support their growth and development.
The program provides a positive and supportive environment for children that encourages creativity, expression and freedom to be themselves through meaningful activities, experiences, and interactions with their peers and mentors. The focus will be on nutrition, health, yoga, laughter, dance, the environment, and other fun and interactive games and creative activities!!
- Free Initial Health Consultation (via phone or in person)
- 50% off a Reiki Session
- Upcoming Family Event: Special Discounted Price of $5/person for Family Laughter Yoga, this day only!
- Find Jenn’s contact info/website by clicking on her name at the top of this blog!
OK, that view of the Grand Canyon… ahhhhmazing!
Have a great week!