I don’t know about you but this year seems to have gone by so fast. In two weeks it’ll be Thanksgiving! If you’ve noticed, on Facebook, people have been posting “30 Days of Thanks.” Basically, people update their status with things and people they are thankful for daily – not sure how that started but as all internet-matters go, ya never know.
Here are the Top 10 Book-Related Things I Am Thankful For
I am thankful for:
- My family for fostering a love for reading in me at an early age
- My kids who also love to read
- Pre-school and kindergarten teachers who teach and encourage our children to read
- Books in Print – because no matter how digital the world gets, nothing compares to the feeling of turning pages with your fingers, inhaling that smell of books and the excitement of having to wait a few before what happens next. Digital media lends to fast forwarding and skipping pages and sometimes, that’s just not a good thing
- The Internet – for giving people around the world a plethora of resources to read and learn from
- Self-published authors who follow their dreams and use their words to share those dreams with us all
- Libraries – because they are awesome and provide a refuge for our minds
- Independent Cafes – for welcoming authors and other artists into their venues for book signings and open mic events
- Movies based on books – because when they are well made, they encourage moviegoers to pick up the book version and read the originals
- E-readers (Kindles, Nooks and iPads) – for igniting the love for reading in those who otherwise, would not pick up an actual book to read, and for giving people across the globe access to many books
And of course, I am grateful for you, Dear Reader, for taking the time to read our blogs here at OC FAMILY.
Congratulations to our Halloween Book Giveaway Winner!
Donna Timmerman, please contact me at email@example.com You won our Halloween book giveaway. We need to know your mailing address so we can send you the Witches at War books.
If you’ve picked up our November print issue, then you’d see that you can win one of the awesome books I’ve reviewed. How about we start with Julie Andrews’ “Treasury for All Seasons” – Simply tell us in the comments below: What are you most thankful for this year? Winner will be drawn randomly and announced next week.